Saturday, February 2, 2008

66 Bottles of RAW on the Wall

Day 25:

-30m tae bo basics
-30m strength training/weight lifting


Happenings:

Yesterday was more than a physical fitness challenge for me. More so than any physical training, I endured through some serious emotional challenges. I not only carry my body weight and light weights around but a cross that sometimes I wonder if it's too heavy to bear. Between a very hostile work environment, one silly bad review, my car's continued expenses, my not knowing how I will pay for books and school fees and my beloved mother insisting on telling everyone that breathes that I'm developing anorexia, I don't know how I do it. But we all know how that saying goes, "you are never given more than you can bear". Well, with that said, I will march on with my head held high, determination, commitment, pride, integrity and enthusiasm.

Anyway, without giving too much energy to the less than positive things in my life, I'll move on.


Yesterday evening I met with my trainer to go over my introductory program. We spent half an hour ensuring that I maintained proper posture and alignment in positioning throughout my workouts. And, he went over some other important information about working out with weights. I kept reminding him that I'm not really interested in increasing the weights I use but had no problems increasing the reps to levels I cannot even count. He laughed and held steadfastly to the idea that weights are relative. He also asked that I don't do as much cardio as my metabolism is high. I had to explain to him that my metabolism is only high because I Do lots of cardio. People often let my size deceive them. I definitely can NOT eat whatever I'd like and I have No problem gaining weight. I simply work hard to maintain the physique that makes me happy, you know? But anyway, I digress...

All in all, I enjoyed the new experience. I havent lifted weights actively since high school when we had weight training classes. It was also cool to watch all of my muscle groups stand at attention as I coaxed them into the spotlight with a little weight lifting push. I hope to see results
soon so I can finally sell tickets to the gun show. lol!

I must say though, even with all my current leg work, just pushing 40 lbs was a task and a half. Although I feel as if I will quickly move up in weights I am still amazed at how strenuous such a little amount of weight is. I've got some work to do!

Tonight, all of the ladies of the fitness competition will meet. I am looking forward to meeting Everyone and learning more about everyone's individual talents, strengths and weaknesses. I hope these women aren't half as superficial and catty as many of the women I've worked with as a model. Although this is a competition I'm not interested in all of the trifling drama that usually comes with it (but who is?!). I'm also really excited about meeting all of the instructors and finally learning some gymnastics!! Uhhh, I can't wait!

For now, I'm going to go put in 30m with Billy before I get ready for work. I will speak with you all later tonight!

Bless people[s], bless! :ff:

No comments: