Tuesday, January 1, 2008

On your mark... get set...GROW!

[shouts] Happy New Year!!!!

Today I resolve to never have to utter another resolution before you. This year as with the last, I'm reaffirming my commitment to speaking less and saying more. I realized a while ago that it's not about being heard or about being seen. See, there's more language in the silence and more sounds between one's intuition and newfound vision. So, I close my mouth to open my eyes and let that truth speak for and through me.

Other than a new day and a new year, today marks the start of my
90 Day 100% Raw Food FITNESS Challenge course. The idea's that I eat only raw (uncooked) foods for 90 days (ha! I'll be happy if I just make it to 30) and challenge myself to achieving fitness goals throughout this period. You can find out more about the challenge at www.fruitarianfitness.com.

To begin my transition I am fasting/cleansing for several days in an effort to clear my body of the built-up toxins, flushing out all impurities, and purifying my digestive tract for a fresh start. By embracing a raw food diet I'd most like to strengthen my immune system and purify my body of processed, vitamin & mineral deficient foods. I believe this can be best done by eating a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables and by avoiding cooked foods.

Right now, my only fitness goals are to amaze myself by successfully executing a freestanding handstand pushup. (Goodness, the thought alone is crazy. I can't even manage a handstand up against a wall, far less one in mid air. But, I'm practicing.) And, the yogic scorpion pose. (Everybody say, "Ooooohhhh!!!" lol). I don't know if I'm being realistic or delusional, but I'm sure as hell gon try! I also don't mind reducing my body fat to a lean, toned and sculpted physique. You know, I'm tryna bring my sexy back! lol.

My plan is to follow my current fitness routine of Tae Bo, spinning, cycling, ziplining and jogging along the beach with extra attention to stretching exercises, yoga, and pilates. And, taking special care to eat when I'm hungry not just because I can (that may be the toughest part yet!).

I have been keeping a photo journal to record my progress and invite you all to drop on by. The password is: got kinks? Also, while you're there, take a look around and find out more about my health & wellness regimens.

Definitely feel free to share any of your own personal experiences and let me know you were there. I only ask that you refrain from any imposing comments as I don't take kindly to snide and/or self-righteous remarks. Trust that I will delete that ish at my leisure. As much as I am open to all perspectives and point-of-views I am not sharing my journey to entertain anyone's ego--not even my own--but constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Sooooo, with that said. Let's do this!!!

No comments: