Sunday, December 30, 2007

the toxicity of my city.

[sings] eating seeds as a pastime activity... [/sings] -system of a down

Who said cooked food isn't addictive?! I did once. Oh, the lies I fed myself. Cooked food is crack! And, I should know, because I'm a fiend.

One short holiday weekend filled with delicious kitchen chemistry and I haven't been the same since. So let's go over the damage of today. For breakfast, I had a pear and grapefruit. For lunch, I had some leftover potatoe salad with green peas and then pineapples with raisins. For dinner, I had an okra, pumpkin, and channa (aka chick peas or garbanza beans) roti. Mmm. And, I just drank water all day which is pretty much my usual.

Now, I know for lots of people this doesn't sound like a bad diet at all. For me, however, since I'm trying to achieve a diet of 100% raw food for atleast 90 days this is quite counter-productive. I was doing so well before...the gathering of the feasts, as I call it, and all that overeating. One must learn to just say no. lol.

Right now, I'm wearing five newly-added pounds of cooked food, a couple of imposing face foes, and a lot more tiredness in my bones. You really do feel and look better eating living food. There's no denying it.

The last two days I will be returning to fruits and vegetables to prepare my system for my 90 day raw fitness challenge. I will be starting the challenge off with a 10 day fast/lemonade diet in an effort to:

1) flush out toxins from my liver (which I'll need after last night's bottle party), kidney, colon, and blood
2) relieve my digestive tract from it's overexertion over the past few days
3) heal and strengthen my immune system from all my allergic reactions and my LRTI (lower respiratory tract infection), and
4) just bring my body to peak condition for the challenge.

I'm really excited to get started and am counting down the hours till the New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey sis...it's Urbanite from NP! What's your lemonade fast look like? I may join you. :)

Kymani M. Jade said...

Hey! How you doing lady?! Well, it looks like I'll be opting for the Master Cleanse instead. Have you heard of it?