peace People[s],
i realized early on that my tolerance for certain raw fruits, nuts, and veg are low as im allergic to Everything it seems. the problem is identifying just which ones they are. it's kinda hard to tell when they all taste soooo good. but, the resulting rashes and all my itching tell another story. im not really sure what i should do next at this point so my journey continues.
i stopped eating fresh apples since my blood tests revealed im allergic to them. ive since been grilling them. cooking fresh fruit and veg kills any allergens they might possess. i also steam my tomatoes and carrots for the same reason. and, i avoid soy at all costs. when i use it i not only break out in an itchy rash but i also get an irritating oral reaction. the nagging thing is, even when i do this, i still end up with a rash after eating sometimes. so im clearly at a loss for what else i could possibly be sensitive to.
(sigh) i hope i can solve the mystery soon.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey EVOO,
Love your blog!
I have itchy problems, too, but I always used to blame them on insects.
However, I've now read that all allergies and even reactions to insect bites are actually a result of our body's over-toxic state. Makes sense to me. I noticed all my stuffiness and dry mouth go away when I went 80-10-10... and then come right back when I went off the wagon.
So, to state it simply, after we go low fat raw and get healthy, all those allergies and sensitivities will theoretically disappear.
Until then, try some bananas!
Actually, your body will often continue to make rashes as a way to release toxins regardless of what you eat, so... Just think of it as "cleansing" and try to get through it.
Yours sympathetically,
Marjorie
Heeeeeyyyy greenmama!!
How goes it?! Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate your support.
Yea, I've come to realize the very same after reading up and down and over on allergies and strengthening the immune system this past month. I've been ill several times in the past few months and I'm definitely concerned. It's what moved me to cleanse my system in the New Year.
I also understand that as my body transitions from cooked living to raw living there will be many detoxifying effects that may appear as my getting ill whilst I'm actually getting better as my body works to purify itself.
It's all so interesting and very much of a learning process. I'm definitely enjoying the journey!
See you around!
Post a Comment